About the conferenceINASCON is an annual conference organised by students for students. It is aimed at students who have completed at least two years of study in a nanoscience or nanotechnology related university program. The conference will consist of:
- Talks by invited speakers
- Workshops / group activities
- Talks and poster presentations by the attending students
- Social activities
- Discover potential locations for internships at other universities
- Find inspiration for your Bachelor, Master or PhD project
- Meet and network with students from across Europe
- Create contacts to nanotechnology companies for possible internships or jobs
Another key function of this conference is that it will be an eye opener to different research fields within nanotechnology, so the students are not limited in their choice of research by the projects at their University. A natural consequence of learning more about research at other European Universities would be exchange of students, where the student could bring skills learned abroad back to their University, contributing to a greater basis of knowledge and techniques that is essential for groundbreaking discoveries. In addition, it cannot be denied that the European nanotechnology landscape will be characterized by interdisciplinary research projects. Therefore the conference gives aims not on special research fields but tries to give a broad overview of the ongoing work in scientific areas.
After five successful INASCON conferences (2007, 2008 and 2011 in Denmark, 2009 in Switzerland and 2010 in the Netherlands) the conference of 2012 will be held in Germany. INASCON 2012 will take place at Saarbrücken from August 3rd till 5th.