About the conferenceINASCON is an annual conference organised by students for students. It is aimed at students who have completed at least two years of study in a nanoscience or nanotechnology related university program. The conference will consist of:
- Talks by invited speakers
- Workshops / group activities
- Talks and poster presentations by the attending students
- Social activities
- Discover potential locations for internships at other universities
- Find inspiration for your Bachelor, Master or PhD project
- Meet and network with students from across Europe
Another key function of this conference is that it will be an eye opener to different research fields within nanotechnology, so the students are not limited in their choice of research by the projects at their University. A natural consequence of learning more about research at other European Universities would be exchange of students, where the student could bring skills learned abroad back to their University, contributing to a greater basis of knowledge and techniques that is essential for groundbreaking discoveries.
After four successful INASCON conferences (2007 and 2008 in Denmark, 2009 in Switzerland and 2010 in the Netherlands) the conference of 2011 will again be held in Denmark. INASCON 2011 will take place at Fuglsoecentret from the 18th to the 21st of August 2011.